140%+- Returns: Real-World Trade Performance and Why ROI Is Expected to Grow.
October 6, 2019 2:00 PM EST Update.
Draft white paper outlining key reasons EPIC v3 oil futures machine trading software outperforms conventional trading methods:
- Lightening Fast Decisions. EPIC crude oil trading software executes trades to over 8700 weighted decisions instantly. The instructions provided within the architecture is growing daily. A human trader cannot make decisions as quickly, cannot process the data required for most intelligent trading probabilities and cannot execute trades as precisely.
- Algorithmic Chart Models. The EPIC software includes over thirty proprietary algorithmic chart models and the catalogue is growing. The algorithmic models have been designed, tested and refined in real world trade for over 3 years by a team of day traders all with over 20 years of experience each. The models represent all time-frames from 15 second to monthly time-frames of trade. The algorithmic models have been back-tested to sixty months historically.
- Conventional Charting. The software includes conventional charting structures on all time-frames also back-tested sixty months.
- Conventional Trade Set-Ups. Included in the software are common trade set-ups that oil day traders use.
- Order Flow. EPIC IDENT™ is data-driven order flow intelligence in real-time to achieve best outcomes.The software includes and executes to a proprietary order flow identification system that tracks behavior (specifically isolating other market machine liquidity) and weighs identified entities and historical trade patterns to its trade decisions (instructions). It increases its intelligence as it gathers data intra-day specific to liquidity flow, historical patterns, time of day, volatility, various preferences, latency, rejects and more. The method is similar to back-testing charting, however, the process is real-time. In short the software is looking for “fingerprints” within market liquidity. We cannot back-test 60 months as with charting but back-testing from date of software inception is possible.
- Time Cycles. Time cycles are within all algorithmic and conventional trading model structures, order flow also has identified time cycles and other time cycle events such as weekly reporting in oil markets such as API, EIA and rig counts. Additionally there are time-of day market time cycles around the world. Time-cycles are included in the software architecture.
- ROI Trajectory “Game”. The software has a “game” element in that it is designed to continue its most recent ROI trajectory (or return to its trajectory of ROI should it have a draw-down period). In other words, if the trajectory of ROI is for example 100% and it draws-down to 80% it then will “weigh” trade decisions more to the most probable trade set-ups until the ROI trajectory is returned. It also will push its decision “weight” to exceed the current ROI trajectory to establish a better ROI to which it is then “obligated” to maintain and correct to, hence the expectation that the ROI will continue to improve over time. This is the “machine learning” component of development. We are finding that the software is discovering increasingly more creative ways to “game” the ROI return trajectory. This Sept 4, 2019 document details an insider look at this topic within development. Edited Sept 5, Draw-Down Oil Daytrading Session: Question and Answer Review | EPIC V3 Crude Oil Machine Trading Software.
Combined, these advantages enable the EPIC v3 Crude Oil Trading software to outperform conventional trading methods.
The world of public market trade is rapidly changing. It is estimated (depending on source) that over 80% of crude oil futures are not traded by humans and are now traded by machine.
Machine trade may be simple bot style software, high-frequency software or more sophisticated architecture as with the EPIC v3 class of algorithm.
Our team commenced the oil trading software development journey four years ago with algorithmic chart model development. From day one we employed computer scientists to work with us on a daily basis to build software emulating our trading methods.
Over time the software started to win more trades than our traders and today we rely almost solely on the software to execute trades. We simply “tweak” the software at each trade sequence to improve performance.
EPIC v3 software is our 3rd generation oil trading software. EPIC v1 tested returns at about 20% per annum, EPIC v2 at 40% per annum and EPIC v4 architecture was too aggressive for our risk threshold. We settled on EPIC v3 about ten weeks ago and have been refining its code trade by trade since.
The current EPIC v3 win-rate consistently comes in at +-90% per trade sequence (variable by +-7%).
The current EPIC return is projected at 140% per year – based on real world performance (audited trades available) and is expected to increase over time. The current period of time spans over 3 months and includes hundreds of trade executions.
For October 4, 2019 Profit & Loss Daily +$1,838. YTD +$34,218. Projected $140,331 or 140% Per Annum. EPIC v3 Oil Machine Trade 100k Sample Account (live video, time stamped alerts, v3 audited P&L available) #OOTT $CL_F $USOIL $WTI $USO #oiltradingroom #oiltradealerts
Account Size – ROI and Draw-Down Volatility.
The smaller the account size traded the more difficult it is for the software to limit risk to down-side and provide optimum returns.
The software is designed to trade within a sequence of trade within structures or set-ups. As the oil market price changes, the software trading logic uses all the different data to update the decision tree utilizing the instruction rule-set.
You can imagine this as a dot plot process similar to the game “go” – not exactly, but the concept helps to visualize how the software plots a sequence plan for trade.
The “ebb and flow” of regular oil market trade allows opportunity for the software to plot a plan of trade within a sequence, the larger the account the more dots can be plotted (trades can be “bite sized” entries within an “ebb and flow”).
The sample account size for the purpose of this document is at the smallest range, being 100,000.00. A 1,000,000.00 account would expect approximately half the volatility / draw-down exposure and up to 50% more return. A 10,000,000.00 account would be considerably more stable to draw-down risk and potential returns and so on.
During any particular 24 hour trading period the EPIC v3 software protocol (as of October 6, 2019 updates) expects on average draw-down no more than as follows;
- Account size and average 24 hour drawdown 10,000,000.00 = 1.5 %, 1,000,000.00 = 3%, 100,000.00 = 6%, 50,000.00 = 12%, 25,000.00 = 24%.
Hard stop architecture is also available, however, the annual expectation of returns would be significantly less than represented in the current real-world trade example above.
Architecture of API Trade.
EPIC v3 software is designed to be deployed remotely – accessing an account and executing trades. This provides the account holder with ultimate control. The account holder grants the software access and the software executes machine trades to the account. The account holder can turn on or off access at any time. Architecture provides opportunity for decentralized platform integration.
Video. Our team traders and engineers have live video recording of the trading sessions with EPIC v3 software within a trading room environment.
Trader and Developer Repository. We provide guidance to our subscriber (paywall) clients in a Discord private server (charts and trade set-up explanations) in a real-time environment. The private server acts as a repository for our developers and our trading service (paywall) clients.
Live Trade Alerts. All trades have been broadcast over mic in a live trading room (recorded as mentioned above) and most have been alerted by way of text instruction to the Discord private server and/or private Twitter feed for time-stamped evidence.
Broker Accounts. The EPIC v3 trades are real-world trades and as such broker profit and loss statements can be made available.
Client Reporting. We provide regular reporting to our trading service clients (paywall) that explains the process of execution by the software. Examples of the guidance provided, trade alerts issued, Discord private server discussions and live trading room video can be found in this document (which is one of many published) Daytrading Crude Oil in Oil Trading Room: 6 Trades, 6 Wins. How We Did It | Alerts, Strategies, Video, Charts. This document provides a standard update document provided to our clients Protected: Crude Oil Trading Report Strategies | Alerts, Signals, Charts, Algorithms, Trading Room, P&L | Premium | Sept 2, 2019 use password CLTRADER.
This paper outlines the opportunity that change in machine trade within global finance markets presents.
Competitors within the machine trade industry are becoming more and more successful as with all industries – the best in class are assumed to be winning a larger portion of proceeds.
The most significant immediate challenge developers face in machine trade within financial markets is building a product that can win within a prescribed threshold of stability limiting down-side and yet over-perform conventional trading methods.
Soon thereafter the challenge becomes competing against “like-kind” peers and being best in class.
It is our expectation that fewer and fewer competitors will achieve more of the proceeds (as a whole of trade in public markets) at an exponential rate, which does provide urgency to development and deployment.
The EPIC v3 trading software achieves consistent, predictable and very adaptable architecture that provides exceptional ROI potential.
For more information about our machine trading platform email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our agent representative Richard Regan as follows:
For October 4, 2019 Profit & Loss Daily +$1,838. YTD +$34,218. Projected $140,331 or 140% Per Annum. EPIC v3 Oil Machine Trade 100k Sample Account (live video, time stamped alerts, v3 audited P&L available) #OOTT $CL_F $USOIL $WTI $USO #oiltradingroom #oiltradealerts pic.twitter.com/fzgWQhPcQ2
— EPIC Crude Oil Algorithm (@EPICtheAlgo) October 6, 2019
document revised September 24, 2019 9:22 PM EST
document revised October 6, 2019 2:00 PM EST
Crude Oil Trade Strategies Report June 30, 2019.
Trade Alert Signals for Crude Oil (CL) Day Trading, Trend and Swing Trading. Intra-Day, Daily, Weekly, Monthly Time-Frames.
The strategies that include charts, algorithm models, signals, price targets and guidance included below are suitable for mechanically executed trading and are also the models our coding staff reference for our crude oil machine trade development.
With each chart model we may include trade strategy notes for your consideration.
For perspective, review historical reporting on our blog and the various videos we have published to our YouTube channel.
Much of the structured model discipline used is similar in concept as discussed in this video; Mathematician Who Cracked Wall Street.
Crude oil price moves within structured areas (ranges) of trade / charting on various time frames (different time cycles of trade).
The structure oil price moves within (the range) can be one minute charting timing through to monthly charting.
Time-frame set-ups / strategies are charted as conventional chart set-ups and/ or algorithmic chart set-ups (structures).
Understanding and having each time frame at your immediate access (both conventional and algorithmic) will increase the probability of profitable trading.
Sizing trades appropriate to your trading account and time frame for each set-up is additionally a positive strategy.
Using the correct chart time-frame specific to your trading strategy is critical. Generally, the lower (smaller) the time frame the less predictable the support and resistance areas (or structure) of the chart will be. However, the larger time-frames (monthly, weekly, daily) may also have significant “slippage” but the primary structure will often remain intact.
Generally, the idea is to enter your positions based on the structure for the specific time frame you are wanting to trade referencing the other time frame support and resistance or range within the trend. The basic method is to understand the range of trade and execute trade long bias when price is near support for the appropriate time frame / structure and the opposite is true for short trades.
Our staff use the thirty minute model structures (range within trends) most often for primary areas of support and resistance trading signals referencing all other time-frames in their trading strategy.
Positioning should be significantly biased to the trending range of trade. For more information about trend identification for trading various time-frames refer to this article on Investopedia; Multiple Time Frames Can Multiply Returns.
If you have questions about the models below please email us at email@example.com.
Not all charts are updated every week and some concept or test charts are added or deleted on occasion. If you are a new client that would like to review historical reports that are still locked on the blog from public view please email the office with your request and we will send you recent reports to review.
Please note, chart links that support the models below are now distributed specific to each user or small group of users. If you are using more than one device to access the charting, to avoid disruption of service, please email us a simple / general description of those devices to assist in controlling dissemination.
EPIC Crude Oil Algorithm Model. 30 Minute Oil Chart Structure.
The EPIC algorithm model chart below is a proprietary structure that has been back tested sixty months on thirteen time-frames. The model represents the most probable areas of support and resistance in oil trade within this specific time-frame.
The levels noted on the EPIC model are to be used as important areas of consideration for support and resistance (trade signals) for your trading strategy when using conventional charting set-ups / structures and/or other algorithmic charting.
Resistance and support areas on the thirty minute oil trade structure chart are at each line on the algorithmic chart. The primary areas of support and resistance are;
- Outer quadrant walls / also used as channel support and resistance (orange dotted diagonal lines), the half way point between each is often an executable buy or sell trigger in trade (not shown on model below),
- Mid channel line for uptrend and down trend (white dotted diagonal),
- Mid quad horizontal (not marked but is at the mid point of the quad),
- Fibonacci levels (various horizontal colored lines),
- Historical areas of support and resistance (purple horizontal).
- The intra-week swing trading range is from thick horizontal gray line to the next (commonly becomes a pivot area of trade).
- The important historical diagonal trend-lines (conventional trend lines) are represented on the chart as thick white lines.
- Also of note are the price targets for Tuesday 4:30 PM (API), Wednesday 10:30 AM (EIA) and Friday 1:00 PM (Rig Count). The Tuesday and Wednesday targets hit significantly more often than the Friday target (red circles with red or green vertical dotted lines intersecting).
- At times other indicators are added to the chart such as important trend lines “in play”, moving averages and more.
The video at this link explains How to Use EPIC Oil Algorithm: $USOIL, $WTI, $CL_F, $USO, #OIL, #Trading, #Algorithm, #OOTT as does this video Oil Trading Room – How to Use EPIC the Oil Algorithm Model Chart June 21 #OIL #OOTT and this Webinar 1: EPIC the Oil Algorithm.
When conventional crude oil charting coincides (or agrees) with the EPIC algorithmic model support and resistance this is then considered a significant buy or sell trigger (signal) for crude oil trade.
Be aware (at minimum) of the primary support and resistance areas on the larger time-frames (lower time frames are not as critical) – in this instance (when trading the 30 min time frame) the 1 hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly and monthly charting should be considered when sizing your trades.
30 Minute Charting.
EPIC 30 Min Crude Oil Trading Algorithm June 30 536 PM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Algorithm
One Minute Oil Trading Model. Ideal for Intra-day Crude Oil Trade.
The one minute oil trading model provides for pinpoint trade entry, sizing and exit points for daytrading oil. It is also used for squeeze scenarios in oil day trading. The main range is between the red / blue areas with thicker dotted white lines. The range is considerably more predictable in a squeeze scenario.
Intra-day diagonal trend-lines should be added by the daytrader.
If you need a recent 1 minute model email the office and a link will be sent to you.
One Min Crude Oil Trading Model (day trade) April 20 1120 PM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
5 Minute Charting.
The five minute oil trading strategy chart below includes a Elliot impulse 5 wave component for when oil is trading intra-day on this time frame. The horizontal / diagonal / sloping up-trending green lines can be used as support and resistance decision areas.
5 Min Crude Oil Trade Model 717 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
15 Minute Charting.
Recent crude oil trade makes a predictable 15 minute model difficult, below are some trend lines to consider until a structured range or channel possibly develops.
15 minute abstract crude oil model in development, under test.
60 Minute Charting.
60 Min Trend Channel Trade Box Fork (concept chart) May 29 1:10 PM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
2 Hour (120 Min) Charting.
Trend Lines Everywhere – 120 Minute Crude Oil Trend line chart.
4 Hour Charting.
240 Min Crude Oil Chart Structure 1007 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
4 Hour Oil Trending Channel Chart with Trading Boxes Moving Averages 123 PM May 19 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
4 Hour Symmetry Chart, Needs to be Cleaned Up May 19 134 PM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
The 4 hour crude oil concept model below has trend-lines, Fibonacci support and resistance horizontal lines (pay close attention to the gray horizontal lines) and diagonal algorithmic Fib trend lines (orange dotted).
4 Hour Concept Crude Oil Trading Model May 19 154 PM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies.
The daily time frame provides a larger structure to consider. The diagonal Fib lines are important as are the mid quad horizontal lines. The moving averages (especially the 200 MA) should be considered in your trade strategy. The MACD is a common indicator on the daily oil chart for forward positioning and trend bias.
Daily Crude Oil Trend Line, Range Chart 1019 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Daily Crude Oil Chart, Trend Line Considerations 1026 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Daily Crude Oil Chart Golden Cross 200 PM May 19 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Weekly Crude Oil Time Cycle Chart 1016 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Weekly Crude Oil Trend Line, Range Chart 1023 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Weekly crude oil chart perspective May 19 1036 AM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
The most important signals on the weekly chart model are the red historical trend lines. Pay very close attention to them. There are other common indicators included on the model also.
Weekly Trendline Crude Oil Trading Model May 6 118 AM FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
May 6 – price nearing an important trend line support (red line on chart below).
Monthly Crude Oil Structure 1029 PM June 30 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Crude #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Monthly Structure Crude Oil Trading Model 209 PM May19 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Monthly Structure Crude Oil Trading Model 126 AM May 6 FX USOIL WTI $USO $CL_F #Oil #Trading #Strategies
Weekly trend line resistance area holding so far.
Oil Price Targets
Machines were in control last week. When crude oil sold off Friday it first hit upside price target and then sold off in to lower price target perfect (Price Targets published on weekend prior report) Lower PT shown below. #machinetrading FX $USOIL $WTI $CL_F $USO $UWT $DWT #OOTT
Machines were in control last week. When crude oil sold off Friday it first hit upside price target and then sold off in to lower price target perfect (Price Targets published on weekend prior report) Lower PT shown below. #machinetrading FX $USOIL $WTI $CL_F $USO $UWT $DWT #OOTT pic.twitter.com/GSGKu06HMb
— EPIC Crude Oil Algorithm (@EPICtheAlgo) June 30, 2019
If you would like to learn more, click here and visit our Crude Oil Trading Academy page for complimentary oil trading knowledge – posts from our top crude oil traders that includes learning systems, blog posts and videos.
Welcome to NYMEX WTI Light Sweet Crude Oil Futures.
Subscribe to Oil Trading Platform:
Standalone Oil Algorithm Newsletter (member charting sent out weekly).
Real-Time Oil Trading Alerts (Private Twitter feed).
Oil Trading Room / Algorithm Newsletter / Alert Bundle (includes weekly newsletter, trading room, charting and real-time trading alerts on Twitter).
Commercial / Institutional Multi User License (for professional trading groups).
One-on-One Trade Coaching (Via Skype or in person).
Click here to find all information and pricing on Oil Newsletter, Trading Chat Room, Oil Alerts and more.
Curtis Melonopoly (@curtmelonopoly) is rated Top 250 Stock exchanges authority, covering also Mathematical finance and Economy of the United States
Article Topics: Day Trading, Crude, Oil, Trading, Futures, Strategy, Signals, USOIL, WTI, CL_F, USO